Shaw Main Streets is creating a sustainable, self-sufficient business district where residents and visitors can find everything within this vibrant, walkable community.
What's Happening in Shaw
- Vote for Shaw: $150K in Funding to Restore Ivy & Coney's Building at Stake in National Campaign, Now through 10/31/17!
Only Building in DMV Region Chosen to Compete for Historic Preservation Grant from American Express
- Shaw Open House Returns October 7, 2017 with Family-Friendly Fun and Freebies from Dozens of Neighborhood Businesses!
Use your FREE Shaw Open House Passport to receive free samples, services, and prizes at dozens of Shaw businesses as they throw open their doors for the afternoon! And help Shaw win a $150,000 grant from American Express to restore the facade of an 1881 blacksmith shop on 7th Street!
- Art All Night in Shaw...is Tonight, 09/23/17!
DCs largest-ever FREE eight-hour overnight arts festival offers over 100 artists in more than 50 venues in central Shaw for your enjoyment—Don;t Miss It!
- DC Alley Museum Murals and Music Festival, 09/23-24/17!
Come enjoy FREE live music and family-friendly activities as five new murals are added to Blagden Alley's outdoor art collection!
- “Happy Birthday, Mr. President”: Shaw Celebrates the Birthday of Barack Obama, 08/04/17!
Prominent lot will be activated with entertainment and an outdoor film screening plus Obama Specials at Participating Shaw businesses